AP 3D blog 2010-2011

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Racism in Lake O

So... Today I was at work when the phone rings. I answer it, saying what I'm supposed to say blah blah blah. Anyways the lady that called ordered a pizza and needed to give me her card number. I asked her for her name and she says "It's blah blah but that mexican man with the accent answered before so I don't think he got it right". Strike one. So I take her card number and enter it and all that jazz. Then I tell her how long it will be for her pizza to be delivered, and am about to hang up when she says "Ok great. Thanks you. You should tell your manager not to let those mexican men answer the phone because I can never understand their accents and they always get my address wrong". Strike two. In my book, you only need two strikes before you're out. It just made me so mad! All of the people who answer phones, regardless of race, speak great english! And for the record Francisco (The man who originally answered the phone) got her name and address 100% correct. It just makes me so mad because everyone is so nice and to single someone out because of the way they talk is just wrong! Gahhlhjsvc;qhVF;UHEVW. I didn't tell my manager because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings if someone overheard the conversation. But f her anyways, she wasn't even nice about it. ANYWAYS, that gave me the idea to use racism in my project. I'm thinking of using a head (it doesn't have to be clay) and having it be white, then use another white instrument  to peel off layers from the head so it kinda looks like a cut. Inside the cut would be different layers of colors starting with white and going through a rainbow until it ended at brown or black. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting idea and I would love to see it come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad how many people are so ignorant and insensitive.

    ReplyDelete