AP 3D blog 2010-2011

Monday, September 20, 2010

So this week we're supposed to make a piece of shocking artwork. I'm thinking of something along the lines of abuse, teenage pregnancy, or something to do with the Bible. (Not that those three have any direct relation in my mind). I posted a link to Elizabeth Hoff's website on my blog and under Sculpture 1, there is an image titled 'Secrets'. I really like that piece because it said so much. I also really liked the title of the work. Another artist, Si-La-Gi, has a piece titled 'America Settlement' that speaks to the obesity of our country. Right now I just have a bunch of ideas floating around my brain but hopefully I'll be able to snatch a few and bring them to  life.

2 comments:

  1. i like the "secrets" sculpture. It really makes you wonder what the "secret" is....i came to the conclusion it probably means....she's prego? her sculptures are kinda creepy though... i like the teen pregnancy idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I got the same idea from the secrets sculpture too

    ReplyDelete