AP 3D blog 2010-2011

Friday, October 1, 2010

Family Ties


So today when Amy told us about our new project I has the idea of showing the relationship between my grandfather and dad. The reason I want to show this relationship is because there is a lot of history behind them. I was thinking of having two objects (about the same size) and have one of them destroyed on the outside (my grandfather) and have the other one nice on the outside but have a hole in it where the same destruction leaks through (my dad). I guess I wanted to show that self destruction affects others, especially those close to you, without you ever knowing it. Then...... I finally got my shocking art piece to the greenware stage. My final theme is going to be abuse. I'm going to wire the mouth shut because most abused people don't have the chance to speak for themselves, and eventually i'm going to fill in the features with underglaze. It will be a floating head in resin (to mimic water) and also it will represent silence. As in the floating head will represent silence haha. Also it kinda looks like an egghead, but maybe thats just me? Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, not like an egghead silly, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea for your family thing, but just try not to be too conceptual cause sometime that'll mess ya up... haha. but also, your shocking art looks really good and it doesnt look like an EGGGYY head. :)

    ReplyDelete