AP 3D blog 2010-2011

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Retreattttt


So.. Last weekend was our retreat at Menucha. Before we left, I was kind of nervous to see how things would go. Things were awkward at first, but eventually we all became a little more comfortable with each other. At the end of the retreat I got to know everyone better, and I think it's going to be fun having a family-type class. I really enjoyed out guest artist. Even though I didn't read the essay... I thought it made a good point with individualism vs. originality. I think that's going to be an idea I carry on throughout the year. My favorite part of the retreat was the Andy Goldsworthy inspired project. I think his stuff is pretty cool, but I think he is a little crazy.. Anyways, my project was a stick river coming out of a drain pipe I found while walking in the forest. Water is an element that inspires my thinking so I wanted to incorporate it somehow. I think I saw a group of sticks bundled on the path and it made me think to make some sort of stream out of them. I took one picture when I was almost done, but I later added giant green leaves around the edge of the stream for more contrast.   Alsooo... Menucha was really pretty :)

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAY!! comment! First of all, I'm lovin the background. Bears are wonderful. Second of all, I like how you used the organic shape of the sticks to imitate the flow of water. Very andy goldsworthy-ish :)

    ReplyDelete