AP 3D blog 2010-2011

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Diane Lou... And the Egghead


So this week we got to work with our guest artist, Diane Lou. She creates artwork out of junk, to put it simply. When she was explaining to us how she created her work, and how it grew to have meaning, I was skeptical. She was telling how every piece evokes a different feeling in the viewer and most of the time, she is surprised by what her pieces turned out to be. I wont lie, I thought this would be a piece of cake. IT WAS NOT. it was hard for me to let go of all of my preconcieved notions about the items we use everyday, and put them together in a way that had meaning. I have the finished product (which took me almost the whole 6 hours) posted above. When I look at it, it reminds me of french culture. I don't know why.. it just does haha. ALSOO I have a picture of my stained and wired egghead sitting in the kiln, waiting to be fired. It looks pretty sweet, but i'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go through with my original plans of having it sit in resin. Anyways... family project. I don't want to talk about that..............

No comments:

Post a Comment